Ваш надійний партнер в пошуку роботи та підборі персоналу
Andrey P. Danilov
Male, 48 years, born on 9 January 1972
April 2009 — currently, 10 years 8 months
Free-lance translatorСooperate with translation agencies focused on foreign customers and perform orders for established long-term customers as well. Among the large projects I have translated are:
a) a 20,779 word praxis paper “Interventions for physiotherapists working with torture survivors, with special focus on chronic pain, PTSD, and sleep disturbances” by physiotherapist Hanne Frank Nielsen (DIGNITY Publication Series on Torture and Organised Violence);
January 2009 — April 2009 4 months
"Transneed" Translation Agency
Donetsk (Ukraine), transneed.com
Salaried Translator for English-Russian (full time employment)
- Translated texts from English, mainly technical ones;
- Proofreading/editing of high complexity texts;
- Worked on operating manuals for Knuth/Ecoturn/Proton electric discharge, milling and turning CNC machines and Arjes primary shredders.
January 2008 — August 2008, 8 months
Milkor Trading Corporation
Chemical Production, Fertilizers
Foreign Economic Activities Assistant Manager/translator (full time)
Handled e-mail; did business translations; composed, translated and emailed Full Corporate Offers (FCOs) and Letters of Intent (LOIs); translated foreign economic contracts, Performance Bonds (PBs), Letters of the Readiness to Issue L/C (LORs); performed orders; and interpreted consecutively (via Skype, phone, at meetings, when accompanying General Manager Mr. Madzhurov, Alexey R.)
October 2007 — January 2008, 4 months
UDEC Group Co., Ltd.
Donetsk (Ukraine), udec.com
Statistician (full time employment)
- Collection of data by phone and email; composing, in Russian and English, Daily Progress Reports on Electrical Installation Works by Power Connection Teams for the “Astelit” company [previously known as mobile operator Life:)];
- Transferring to the new bilingual report form, a more perfect one, with the old reports for the period of July to December 2007 completely redone.
July 2005 — April 2006, 10 months
"RIZ" Co., Ltd., Donetsk
Industrial Equipment, Machine Tools and Components
Salaried Translator for English-Russian, Russian-English (full time employment)
- Established contacts and conducted daily business correspondence with foreign companies producing: CNC metal-cutting (wire-cut, milling, turning, planing, drilling, screw-cutting, etc.) machines; plate bending machines, guillotines; sandwich panel and aluminium composite panel production lines, etc.;
- Communicated with English-speaking customers over the phone;
- Translated foreign economic contracts, equipment operating manuals, specification sheets, drawings, catalogues, letters, invitation letters, reclamation letters, faxes, sales contracts, letters of credit, invoices, bills of quantities, bills of lading, packing lists, certificates of product quality and those of product origin, and export declarations.
April 1999 — July 2005, 6 years 4 months
Free-lance translator for English-Russian, Russian-English
English into Russian/Ukrainian and Russian/Ukrainian into English translation and subsequent editing of the following data:
- operating manuals for industrial, office and domestic equipment;
- specialist literature on economics, law, construction; power, heating and electrical engineering, the by-product-coking, metallurgical, coal-mining, automotive and food industries;
- contracts for the sale and purchase of large lots of merchandise, immovable property and foreign companies' shares;
- companies' charters and apostilles;
- scientific articles for the Donetsk City Charitable Foundation “Dobrota”;
- an Integrated Fruit Production Guide for B.C. Commercial Tree Fruit Growers - 340 p.p.
- leading American research institutes' reports of and researches into, the uses of chemical agents in civil engineering [translated for OJSC “Oblautodor”];
- a (notary-certified) business project for CJSC “Yenakiyevo By-product Coking Plant”;
- companies' suits (e.g. for “Golden Ring” Shopping and Entertainment Centre and private persons;
- advertising booklets/fact-sheets for the large industrial enterprises of the region (e.g., for OJSC “Silur” - Khartsysk Steel Wire and Rope Works - and for OJSC “Khartsysk Pipe Works”);
- documentation packages for people going abroad for permanent residence;
- birth, marriage, divorce, surname change, school-leaving, etc. certificates, including those notary-certified; questionnaires; private CVs; recommendation letters, including those composed by myself; reviews of studies;
- physical and juridical persons' private and business correspondence;
- social and political texts from newspapers and magazines, as well as medical ones;
- students' term papers and degree works.
- proofreading/editing of already done Russian into English translations which were being provided by the Publishing Office “Novaya Pechat'”;
- searching, by the order of clients, for various data on the English Internet, with the subsequent translation of the same; translating websites;
- communicating with foreign business partners over the phone by the order and on the territory of, clients;
- consecutive interpretation from English into Russian and vice versa in negotiations with a US delegation, including on a production facility while unique equipment that had been made by the Scientific Research Institute for Automation, Donetsk, was on display;
- English into Russian and vice versa translation of specifications, drawing details, letters, etc. by the order of the Italian and Dutch metallurgical giant Danieli-Corus B.V., guiding Dutch experts at the large metal and manufacturing industry enterprises of Lugansk and Donetsk regions (ex., Alchevsk Iron and Steel Works and Mariupol "Azovmash" Works) when equipment was being started up and tested.
- PC proficiency:
Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD (drawing detail editing), SDL Trados Studio 2017, SDL Trados Studio 2011, Memsource, SmartCat, Adobe Acrobat.
- Office equipment skills: fax machine, copier, printer, scanner
- Translation output (without using any CAT tools):
- quality English into Russian/Ukrainian translation, with the literary Russian/Ukrainian language kept: average 5 to 7 A4 pages per day;
- quality Russian/Ukrainian into English translation, with the literary English language kept: average 3 to 5 A4 pages per day, depending on the complexity.
To assess my translation quality, please visit the web-site at: https://www.proz.com/profile/2572826
No addictions; foreign passport available; have no car, nor a driving license.
Industrious; able to work both independently and as a team member; extremely assiduous [I often have to work by night due to lack of time in the day-time].Recommendations:
UDEC Group Co., Ltd.
Ismail Kumbul (Regional Director)
"RIZ" Limited Liability Company
Vladimir I. Glushko (Technical Officer)Higher education
Donetsk National Technical University
Підписатись на розсилку нових резюме: "Переводчик английского в Києві"