Duty Station: EUBAM HQ, Odesa, Ukraine
Classification: Service Contract (SC)
Type of assignment: SC, two months, 1 October 2023 – 30 November 2023, with possible extension
Monthly Service Fee: EUR 1435
Organizational Unit: Language and Interpretation Unit
Direct supervisor: Senior Interpreter/Coordinator
General Functions: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Interpreter/Coordinator and overall supervision of the Chief of Administration the incumbent assists in smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in Ukraine. The Administrative Assistant/Interpreter works in close collaboration with the National Finance Officer, National Administrative/Human Resources Officer and National Procurement and Logistics Officer of the EUBAM Administration for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies, and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Assure smooth operational running of the project by means of following IOM and EU established operational rules and procedures;
- Contribute to the project annual and quarter work-plans preparation and reporting;
- Assure that the progress reporting is done in timely and quality manner based on the requirements of the IOM, project donors and Mission management;
- Provide oral and written simultaneous and consecutive translations from English into Ukrainian or Russian and vice versa as required by the project;
- Proofread and/or edit the project’s correspondence and other official documents;
- Prepare Mission and project related correspondence; participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of projects related files;
- Facilitate project related training/learning activities; provide logistical support (travel arrangements, including visas, tickets, etc.) to the EUBAM experts;
- Participate in project activities preparation, implementation and follow up;
- Facilitate project audit, monitoring, evaluation, field visits, missions of the experts;
- Maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc.
- Readily accept temporary assignments involving travelling to other EUBAM Offices or Units within the country of deployment on demand;
- Ensure due care of premises, equipment, vehicles (including their spare parts, consumables, keys etc.), supplies and other property that is entrusted to him/her;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Advanced university degree in foreign languages, linguistics, philology, or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of progressive experience, preferably in international environment;
- Fluency in both oral and written English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages is a must;
- Proven experience in simultaneous translation is an asset;
- Experience with technical assistance projects is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems;
- Physical aptness and willingness to travel and accept temporary assignments in other EUBAM Offices or Units within the country of deployment.
Appointment is subject to budget availability and funding confirmation.
Email your IOM Personal History form (eubam.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Personal-History-Form.xls) and cover letter in English to the following email address відправити резюме Please accurately submit all tabs in PHF.
Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 08 September 2023; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for the interview.