We are a boutique, fast-growing thought-leadership agency and looking for an exceptional Creative Director to join our team and lead our existing team of creatives.
We work with some of the most prominent thought-leaders across the globe.
We are friendly and passionate about what we do.
We are currently a team of 8 across the globe and always go above and beyond for our clients.
Check our social media : https: //www.linkedin.com/company/kimberly-afonso-g ... or website : https://www.kimberlyafonso.com/
Values and Culture
We approach everything we do by making sure we are committed to service, being the best-in-class, keeping a high level of integrity, and being kind.
We empower our employees and everyone around us. We are female-founded and have a largely-female led team.
We go above and beyond for our clients. We get everything done and put the work first, no matter what.
We are experts and create tailored, personalized solutions for each and every one of our clients.
We are a team of intrapreneurs and solutions-focused.
We are all nice people (in and out of the office) and embrace a global mindset.
We are looking for an experienced Creative Director to join our team and work with our existing clients and new clients.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication and either native or near-native English skills as this role will work with US-based clients, is proficient with all standard graphic design tools and is currently working in a strategic / creative management role.
This is a full-time role and will start out as 60% content execution, 40% strategic creative leadership, and move more to strategy and leadership after the first 3-6 months.
If you are an experienced Creative Lead that loves working on new, interesting projects as much as we do, this is an amazing opportunity to do the work you love!
What's in it for you?
- client retention (monetary)
- yearly retreats (always at a new location in the world - Post-COVID)
- learning bonuses
- normally promote from within each year
A day in the life
- Strengthen the visual identity of our agency branding by developing innovative, forward-thinking concepts.
- Oversee, maintain (and improve) the quality of all internal and external brand collateral.
- Lead our team of designers and content creators and ensure that they do their best work. Empower and encourage them to go above and beyond for our clients with a fast turnaround time, and encourage an open environment for collaboration and constructive criticism.
- Present design work in a compelling way - you will be the voice of our brand identity and our creative department.
- Collaborate with all other departments to ensure that all the best work of the agency is being put forward.
- Actively voice all of your opinions and look for innovative solutions for all of our brand activities to improve the quality of our end product.
- Lead the strategic development of content calendars for each of our clients and strategic briefs across industries.
- Constantly re-prioritize based on changing goals and solving new challenges.
- Lead innovation in a creative way, even for very corporate clients.
- Create all different types of content, from graphics to infographics to one-pagers for clients within a short time frame.
- 4 years + of experience as a graphic designer in a marketing agency or startup
- 2 years + in a strategic / creative management role
- Experience with all standard graphic design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva)
- Proficient in Google Suite - Google Mail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- 1+ years of experience working remotely and at least one year of experience managing global remote teams.
- Outstanding verbal and written English communication skills as well as the ability to present well to clients and internally.
- Great leadership skills with an extremely high eye for detail: look for where things can be improved, never miss a design detail, and ensure that each piece of work created by the creative department is of the highest quality. Even if you are leading the creative team, you’re the type of person who will double-check things for errors or typos.
- Great understanding of how to fit in remotely with teams and high level of confidence to speak up when things should be changed/improved in a remote setting
- You’ll thrive in our environment if you know how to wear multiple hats and love taking ideas and running with them on your own.
- Taking initiative and bringing innovative ideas is important to succeed in this role, as is putting the work you do above all else.
- Have a resourceful mindset: always look for ways to solve problems either on your own or with the rest of the team. You aren’t afraid when you don’t know how to do something as you usually figure it out on your own.
- A strong willingness to learn, experiment, and innovate with design techniques.
- Intrapreneurial mindset as we will provide basic training and would like the creative director to let us know how we can improve and implement changes and hit the ground running from the start.
- Must be flexible to overlap with our global team half of the day between 9 am and 6 pm GMT (London time zone) and work based on the needs of the clients and your own schedule: we are remote and have meetings between business hours but would like someone who understands how to integrate work and life and prioritize the needs of our US clients for the best results as we do not have strictly set hours nor do we micromanage time
- Cultural sensitivity is very important as we have team members all over the world
Nice to have
- Experience working on websites is a plus as graphic execution on various websites will be necessary.
- Experience using Slack, monday.com, or any other similar tools.
- Experience using Mailchimp
Contact us and Apply if
You are an A-Player and give 100% every day!
You are looking forward to working with a team of positive people and bringing your unique perspective to the table to go above and beyond in your role.
You are confident to lead a team of creatives and are proud of your design portfolio.
You have excellent communication and either native or near-native English skills.
You are a true intrapreneur and are looking forward to getting to work right away to improve our designs, processes, and lead a helping hand wherever needed with creatives.
Note: Please do not reach out to the client directly, and instead send all communications through us. Our clients have made the decision to work with us in order to streamline their recruitment process, and respecting that decision is an important part of your application process. Should you choose to circumvent this request, it’s likely between the client and us we will agree to discontinue your application.