Playwing is looking for an exceptional and talented Senior Technical Artist to join our outstanding team.
- Analyze memory and performance concerns throughout the game development.
- Research and create new methods of pushing visual quality within technical constraints.
- Foster awareness of the game engine capabilities and limitations.
- Implement assets without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding performance limits of mobile platform.
- Research and prototype cutting-edge tools and rendering techniques.
- Design, build, and maintain art content pipelines.
- 3+ years relevant professional experience in game industry, using 3D production software solutions.
- Strong profiling and optimization skills with an emphasis on mobile constraints, draw call reduction, texture compression and the ability to communicate problems and suggestions to non-technical artists.
- Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production pipeline.
- Ability to write scripts and tools for the art pipeline in chosen language.
- In depth knowledge of Physically Based Rendering theory and material authoring requirements.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Passion for car racing games.
- Experience with a deferred rendering engine.
- Technical proficiency in Python, MEL, MaxScript, C++ or C#.
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter and Substance Designer.
- Familiarity with real-time lighting technology and techniques.
- Practical experience with the procedural content generation.