Duty Station: EUBAM Field Office Odesa and Chornomorsk Ports, Ukraine
Classification: Service Contract (SC)
Type of assignment: SC, five months, 1 July – 30 November 2019
Title of Position: Administrative Assistant
Organizational Unit: Field Office Odesa and Chornomorsk Ports
Direct supervisor: Head of Field Office Odesa and Chornomorsk Ports
General Functions: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Field Office Odesa and Chornomorsk Ports and overall supervision of the Chief of Administration the incumbent assists in smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in Ukraine. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the National Finance Officer, National Administrative/Human Resources Officer and National Procurement and Logistics Officer of the EUBAM Administration for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Assure smooth operational running of the project by means of following IOM and EU established operational rules and procedures;
- Participate in project activities preparation, implementation and follow up;
- Provide logistical support (travel arrangements, including visas, tickets, etc.) to the EUBAM experts;
- Collect, analyze and prepare background information for the Mission;
- Facilitate project audit, monitoring, evaluation, field visits, missions of the experts;
- Prepare Mission and project related correspondence;
- Maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc.
- Participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of projects related files;
- Contributing to the project annual and quarter work-plans preparation and reporting;
- Assure that the progress reporting is done in timely and quality manner based on the requirements of the IOM, project donors and Mission management;
- Facilitate project related training/learning activities;
- Provide oral and written translations from English into Ukrainian or Russian and vice versa as required by the project;
- Proofread and/or edit the project’s correspondence and other official documents;
- Readily accept temporary assignments involving travelling to other EUBAM Offices or Units within the country of deployment on demand;
- Ensure due care of premises, equipment, vehicles (including their spare parts, consumables, keys etc.), supplies and other property that is entrusted to him/her;
- Perform other functions/tasks when required by the Head of the Field Office Odesa and Chornomorsk.
- University Degree in foreign languages, business administration, international relations or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of progressive experience, preferably in international environment;
- Fluency in both oral and written English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages is a must;
- Experience with technical assistance projects is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems;
- Physical aptness and willingness to travel and accept temporary assignments in other EUBAM Offices or Units within the country of deployment.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation. Send your CV and cover letter in English indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 14 June 2019; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for the interview.