Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. is seeking an experienced SBCC and Community Engagement Advisor for the upcoming USAID/Ukraine Public Health Systems Recovery and Resilience (PHS R&R) Activity. The primary goal of the PHS R&R Activity is to strengthen the Government of Ukraine's capacity to prevent, detect and respond to public health threats, sustain critical public health services during a crisis, and protect the health of all Ukrainians including vulnerable and marginalized groups
The Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Specialist will provide technical oversight and assistance in planning, developing, and implementation of health service related SBCC activities for a government contract in Ukraine. The SBCC Specialist should be experienced in implementing SBCC strategies related to issues of vaccine promotion, promotion of risk-reducing health behaviors, and other public health topics. The SBCC Specialist will develop media and community mobilization strategies, ensure cohesion and integration of SBCC objectives into all project interventions, participate in strategic and operational planning, collect and analyze data from SBCC activities, and coordinate with regional and central offices in the implementation, monitoring , and evaluation of SBCC activities.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Design and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive SBCC strategy to support community mobilization and increased demand for services related to COVID-19 vaccination and uptake of healthy behaviors
- Design and oversee implementation of mass media campaigns to support SBCC activities, including local and national radio, television, and print campaigns
- Build SBCC capacity at the central and local levels through design of trainings and delivery of high-level trainings
- Support design and implementation of provider respectful care and SBC modules
- Manage a small team of SBCC staff in Kyiv
- Work with staff and partners to collect and analyze data on SBCC approaches to support program-wide M&E objectives
- Identify and work with implementing partners, NGOs, CSOs, CBOs, communities, and local leaders to complete strategic objectives and coordinate activities through project work sites
- Contribute to the development of formative research to guide interventions focused on project target health objectives
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent spoken and written English and Ukrainian.
- BA (or equivalent) or a higher degree in communication, public relations, journalism or other relevant discipline.
- Previous experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects.
- Experience with graphic design, with special emphasis on data-rich presentations.
- A minimum of five years of experience in communication, journalism, public relations, or other relevant field.
- Experience in technical writing and demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible communication materials.
- Residence and ability to work in Kyiv, Ukraine required; no relocation expenses will be reimbursed.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Residence and ability to work in Ukraine required
- Experience managing staff, external and internal relations, and collaborating in partnerships with stakeholders such as NGOs and international donors such as USAID
- Fluency in both English and Ukrainian
- Degree in a relevant area, such as communications, sociology, anthropology, or related fields with experience in SBCC and program management in the field of Community Health/Health Promotion
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience designing and implementing comprehensive, research-driven BCC campaigns
- Professional experience in creating communications campaigns related to public health and health promotion
- Experience in facilitation and training, and coaching/mentoring
- Excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in computer Microsoft Office Suite (World, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Proficiency in graphic design, audio, or video editing software preferred