Job Title: Data Analyst & Researcher
Employer: The Centre for Sustainable Peace and Democratic Development (SeeD)
Duty station: Ukraine (can be a remote position until the team re-establish its presence in Kyiv)
Duration: July – September 2022 (Subject to extension after 3 months trial period)
Contract Status: Full-time
Monthly Rates: 1,600 – 1,900 EUR (the final specific amount will be based on skills and experience)
Reports to: Data Team Coordinator and Ukraine Team Lead
Data Analyst will join SeeD’s Ukraine team in Kyiv and will support implementation of the organizations research projects that include Social Cohesion and Reconciliation Index (SCORE) in partnership different international peace and development agencies including but not limited to USAID and UNDP. Main responsibilities will primarily include statistical analysis of Ukraine datasets, as well as research design and data interpretation (e.g. literature reviews, questionnaire design, content analysis) and contribution production of analytical products as per stakeholder needs (e.g. policy briefs, presentations, infographics). The Data Analyst & Researcher will also take an active role in the design and implementation of new research activities and project opportunities as they present themselves and as distributed by his/her supervisors. The Data Analyst & Researcher will receive training on SeeD’s analysis processes and toolkits, however should have strong familiarity with most if not all of the common statistical analysis toolkits and software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Research Team (i.e. researchers, SCORE specialists, other data analysts) in research design in accordance with research objectives;
- Conduct descriptive and predictive data analysis in accordance with a Plan of Analysis to be defined in coordination with the Research Team, the Data Team Coordinator;
- Perform the standard data analysis of incoming datasets, including scale construction, factor analysis, regression analysis, cluster analysis and path analysis (e.g. structural education modelling) in a timely and organized fashion;
- Produce detailed, descriptive and well-documented reports of the data analysis process (including presentations, syntax files, etc.) to be shared with the Data Team;
- When required, hold meetings with the Data Team Coordinator to discuss progress of data analysis cycle and the development of new methodologies;
- Explain data analysis findings to the Research Team, and create high quality visualizations of results that can be used in presentations to policy makers and the public;
- Upon completion of each dataset’s analysis, prepare data uploads to relevant online platforms in coordination with the Research Team;
Knowledge and Experience:
- Masters degree in a discipline that includes extensive training in quantitative methods (e.g. psychology, sociology, economics, education, statistics).
- Minimum 3 years experience in use of quantitative methods. Experience gained while pursuing academic qualifications can also be considered as contributing to meeting this criterion.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the data analysis and statistic software programs (e.g. SPSS, STATA).
- Strong knowledge of R or Python for statistical analysis.
- Good knowledge of common software programs (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in communicating and visualizing statistical analyses in accessible and high-quality visuals;
- Good writing and communication skills in Ukrainian and English (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent).
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility, professionalism and thoroughness.
Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Good knowledge of design software (e.g. Corel Draw, In-Design, Photoshop);
- Good sense of humour and enthusiasm for SeeD’s work;
- Experience in issues related to peacebuilding, governance, social and economic development, intergroup relations, conflict resolution or violence prevention is considered an advantage;
- Knowledge of additional data analysis methodologies, beyond those mentioned above, is considered an advantage if deemed relevant to the work of SeeD.
How to apply:
The applications should be sent to отправить резюме by 28th June 2022 17:00 (Ukraine time/GMT+2) in ENGLISH. The application package should include:
- Full CV;
- At least one reference letters and referee contact details;
- Motivation letter (1 page that describes the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position);
- A writing sample / example of the applicant’s previous work reports, published papers, university work, visualizations/infographics, analyses, code, etc.
- Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
- Administrative check & Evaluation of application package.
- Written competency test.
- First interview for short-listed candidates.
- Second interview for short-listed candidates (if needed).