The international non-profit organization Management Sciences for Health Inc. (MSH) implementing in Ukraine the USAID-supported Safe, Affordable and Effective Medicines for Ukrainians Activity (SAFEMed), is looking for a Translator.
LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
The primary responsibility of the Translator/Interpreter is to provide high-quality translation/interpretation to foster efficient, clear and concise communication between the SAFEMed office and its visitors, partners, clients and counterparts as well as government officials on national and regional levels in Ukraine. The Translator/Interpreter will provide linguistic and cross-cultural support to visiting consultants to facilitate the successful implementation of SAFEMed activities in Ukraine.
- Provide consecutive and simultaneous interpretation for the Project Director and visiting consultants at conferences, round tables, forums, workshops, and meetings with high level government officials and stakeholders.
- Provide timely and high-quality written translation of technical, regulatory and administrative documents such as technical guidelines, extracts of laws, legislative documents, contracts, and other official correspondence from English into Ukrainian and vice versa.
- Liaise and foster successful collaboration with stakeholders on behalf of the visiting consultants including appointment management, preparation, formatting, and dissemination of the technical documents, training materials, reports and presentations.
- Provide cross-cultural support to the Project Director and visiting consultants by capturing intended implications and nuances in the political, regional, ethnic and cultural context.
- Participate in the preparation of project reports, presentations, meeting minutes, and other documents, e.g. quarterly and annual reports, county-specific reports (e.g. progress reports). This may include but is not limited to, translation, proofreading, formatting, and other review activities.
- Develop a unified project glossary of the most frequently used technical terms for circulation by the project staff, and cross-references in the project materials and website.
- Contribute to smooth and efficient communication and a seamless working environment which conforms to all legal and procedural requirements of the operations of MSH within Ukraine.
Bachelor’s degree in English linguistics or similar areas.
Preferred: Masters degree
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in translation/interpreting with responsibilities preferably in medicine, pharmacy, or public health.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A high level of proficiency in English including reading, writing and speaking skills required.
- The strong skill of simultaneous interpretation.
- Native Ukrainian language skills are required.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word,
- PowerPoint, Excel, and electronic mail are required.
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team. Experience with Ukraine's public health sector and familiarity with
- USAID preferred.
CORE JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multitask
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders including staff, board members, as well as external partners/customers.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer care, externally and internally, in a professional manner
- Effective team player that completes individual tasks on time, closes communication loops and asks clarifying questions to assure mutual understanding
- Excellent in-person, phone, email and written communication skills for team members and clients, even in stressful situations
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion.
For those who are interested please apply via the following link: msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Ukraine-Kyiv/Translator---Interpreter_R2425