For this job, we are looking for a Middle Azure resource with experience in large-scale Azure setups preferably with experience in IAC and strategic Azure migrations.
We are planning a major Azure migration from one company’s infrastructure to another. The current company infrastructure is intermingled between other customers, the same databases, and some of the same app services shared among different customers.
This is not a «lift and shift» as the work will involve some advisory and improvements with a focus on:
- Introduction of IAC via Bicep (DSL);
- Extensive introduction and recommendations for VPN;
- Recommend and introduce of Azure Front Door, load balancers+++;
- Create a strategy for step-wise migration without downtime;
- Restructuring of all resources and groups incl name optimizations;
- Restructure domains and certificates;
- Move all Azure DevOps, repos, and pipelines.
Current Azure Infrastructure contains approximately 500 resources including APIM’s, App Services, Availability tests, SQL Servers, Event Hubs, Hybrid Connections, Service Buses, PostgreSQL databases, Relays, Containers, Azure Search, Functions +++
- 3+ years of commercial experience as a DevOps engineer;
- Deep understanding of DevOps philosophy/practices;
- Be very knowledgeable about Azure Cloud Services;
- Familiarity with Azure Service Operator (for Kubernetes);
- Good understanding of Enterprise Services such;
- Experience with orchestrators such as Azure DevOps Pipelines and/or GitHub Actions;
- Understanding of virtualization/containerization technologies (KVM / Docker);
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes / Helm);
- Upper-Intermediate level of English.
We offer :
- Experience in creating new and supporting current projects;
- Regular assessments and salary reviews;
- Flexible working format — remote, office-based or flexible;
- Team buildings, corporate events;
- Friendly team and cozy working environment .