Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors without Borders (MSF)/ is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF in Ukraine is currently looking for:
Field Communication Officer (FCO) based in Kyiv with flexible to visit projects in other locations in the country.
FCO will work for Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA), one of five sections within MSF.
Contribute to the implementation of MSF Ukraine’s communication strategy. Build organisation’s visibility, acceptance and leverage inside the country via specific projects within MSF (OCA). Focus on local media management, training staff in media management, content creation and content diffusion.
- Establish and maintain regular relations with key national and local media contacts (journalists, bloggers, photographers, and videographers) in OCA project areas.
- Facilitating media visits to MSF OCA projects when needed
- Monitor media reports, handle local media requests, and contact local media proactively to pitch MSF stories and news in areas where OCA is present.
- Map out local media landscape (key media, audience numbers, political affiliation, ownership, freedom of speech, use of social media)
- Work with the digital team to create content for MSF’s social media pages, ensure online engagement, alert mis/disinformation relating to MSF.
- Collect and produce audio visual content, written testimonies and other forms of content for local and international audiences
- Provide communication training (prepare spokespersons, social media training) for other MSF staff.
- Work closely with communication officer and manager in Ukraine covering all sections in MSF
- Contribute to promoting MSF principles, communications objectives and potential communications risks amongst national staff.
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or related university degree
- Working experience of at least two years in communications, journalism or public relations
- Fluent in English, Ukrainian and Russian is essential (oral and written)
- Skills in computer literacy (word, excel, internet, database)
- Competent audio- visual skills, photography and videography
- Good networking and media relations skills
- Work experience of working with national media in Ukraine
- NGO experience is considered as a strong asset
- Knowledge of Canva, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop/Illustrator and Facebook Ad Manager
Expected gross salary is 27,000 – 28,000 UAH per month.
If interested and available to start immediately, email your CV to отправить резюме with “Field Communication Officer” in the subject line.