Ваш надежный помощник
TERMS OF REFERENCES
Duty Station: EUBAM HQ, Odesa, Ukraine
Classification: Service Contract (SC)
Type of assignment: SC, twelve months, 1 December 2020 – 30 November 2021
Title of Position: Project Specialist
Organizational Unit: Planning, Analysis and Coordination Office (PACO)
Direct supervisor: Head of Planning, Analysis and Coordination Office, Officer-in-Charge of EUBAM
General Functions: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Planning, Analysis and Coordination Office, Officer-in-Charge of EUBAM, the incumbent contributes to the smooth operation of the European Union Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM) in Ukraine and to the implementation of EUBAM’s key objectives through planning, analysis, coordination and reporting. The Project Specialist works in close collaboration with the National Finance Officer, National Administrative/Human Resources Officer and National Procurement and Logistics Officer of the EUBAM Administration for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with IOM programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies, and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
1. Coordinate/facilitate projects in support of PACO initiatives and contribute to the development of PACO concept papers and strategies;
2. Support the development and implementation of initiatives directly linked to modernization and reforming processes in partner services; monitor and adjust, where necessary, capacity building policies applied by EUBAM;
3. Support the Head of PACO and PACO Officer in identification of new targeted projects related to EUBAM key activities on integrated border management. Facilitate communication and coordinate projects with partner services through regular consultations. Participate in preparation, implementation and follow up on project activities;
4. Initiate and guide projects in support of EUBAM strategic and operational objectives and in line with the needs identified in the border management development area;
5. Coordinate capacity building activities by maintaining contacts and communication with national training institutions; initiate and facilitate project related training/learning activities. Contribute to the elaboration and regular updating of assessments of operational capacities of partner services at operational and tactical levels;
6. Contribute to EUBAM progress accounting and planning processes by evaluating and mapping partner services’ needs, drafting regular reports on progress achieved in the implementation of EUBAM Action Plan such as Mission’s monthly, annual, ad-hoc reports, Activity reports and the narrative progress and final reports according to the General Conditions in a timely and qualitative manner based on internal documents approved by the EUBAM management. Contribute preparing briefings, presentations and background papers, , including those meant for presentation to the partner services and the EU institutions. Review, edit and proofread operational reports/concepts/plans, special reports, and topical briefings towards EUBAM standards and in conformity with the specific target of the tasks;
7. Maintain updated networks of governmental and non-governmental institutions, international institutions of project partners, local authorities, NGOs, academia, contractors, consultants, and suppliers to ensure the co-ordination of activities in the relevant sectors;
8. Contribute to organization and participate in internal and external meetings related to the implementation of the Action Plan, including the Advisory Board meetings. Prepare and translate project-related official and legal documents, provide oral translation of consultations from English into Ukrainian or Russian and vice versa. Proofread and/or edit project’s correspondence and other official documents;
9. Ensure data collection, analysis, and maintenance of project-related files and facilitate project audit, monitoring, evaluation, field visits, missions of the experts;
10. Provide logistical support (travel arrangements, including visas, tickets, etc.) to the EUBAM experts and facilitate the process of procurement and delivery of goods and services. Enlist support of the liaison officers of the partner services of the host countries as necessitated by the operational and travel needs of EUBAM international experts;
11. Ensure due care of premises, equipment, vehicles (including their spare parts, consumables, keys etc.), supplies and other property that is entrusted to him/her;
Advanced university degree in philology, economics, finance, law, public administration, political science, international relations, or other related fields;
Appointment is subject to budget availability and funding confirmation.
Email your IOM Personal History form (eubam.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Personal-History-Form.xls) and cover letter in English to the following email address отправить резюме
Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 9 November 2020; however, interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Подписаться на расcылку новых вакансий: "Prjoject Specialist в Одессе"