The Events Department is responsible for organizing and conducting different types (professional development and entertainment) of external and internal activities (conferences, meetups, teambuilding activities, informal activities, parties, seasonal events, charitable projects, development of corporate culture). Since continuing professional development is important to the company, a lot of attention is paid to educational initiatives.
• Assisting with organization and coordination of external conferences and meetups.
• Working with partners and the preparation of partnership proposals.
• Sourcing speakers and working with them.
• Working with catering services on menus for coffee breaks and post-conference parties.
• Negotiation and monitoring the implementation of contracts with sub-contractors involved in the activities.
• Implementation of networking activities at the events.
• Assisting with writing announcements of events. (There is a PR department for these purposes, but sometimes some help is required.)
• Position requires fulltime working in the office, working once a month on weekends (at conferences) or evenings (at meetups) and, every 1-3 months, trips to the other cities (Dnipro, Lviv, Kyiv) for conferences.
• 1+ experience of conference organization (preferably IT conferences)
• English (Intermediate level)
• The ability to work with Gmail and Google docs
• Excellent time management, communication, and self-management
• The ability to work under pressure
• Attentive to detail
• Most importantly – to be quick on the uptake
• Experience in PR
• Experience in customer service or other people-oriented fields
• Experience of volunteering