Playwing is looking for an exceptional and talented Senior 3D Environment Artist to join our outstanding team.
- Model, texture and implement production ready 3D game assets of environments.
- Create textures using diffuse, specular, normal maps and use good UV layout distribution.
- Work with Art and Technical Directors to support the vision and achieve best in class quality.
- Implement models using shaders and different real-time lighting solutions to be used in both games and cinematics.
- Work closely with Technical Artist to optimize assets and deliver within technical limitations.
- Create assets for art direction and gameplay prototypes.
- 3+ years relevant professional experience in game industry, modeling and texturing environments using Autodesk 3ds Max and Adobe Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of techniques for achieving high fidelity assets within a limited performance.
- Ability to model in high-polygon counts.
- Strong visual storytelling ability and instinct for creating engaging environments.
- Ability to approach and manage mesh detail, lighting and shading techniques effectively in both high-polygon and low-polygon environments.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Designer.
- Knowledge of mesh topology optimization techniques.
- Experience with Physically Based Rendering pipelines.
- Architectural knowledge.
- Experience in high-polygon sculpting using Pixologic ZBrush, Autodesk Mudbox, etc.
- Background as a Technical Artist is a big plus.